Atheist INFJs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Atheist INFJs?

All meaning is man-made. And in the larger picture it's just about handing over your genes to the next generation and becoming part of something we call evolution. Everything you hold in high esteem - your values, morality, character, faith, your individuality and so on - is just there to make it seem as if it had meaning.

I am new here....however; that being said...there are too many accounts of life after death for it to just be ignored or to be written off as just the last dying pulses of the electrical storm in your brain. There have been accounts of people with zero brain activity, who have later miraculously regained consciousness and have told of traveling outside of their bodies, the earth, and the known universe. If this were all just cooked up by their own brain whilst unconscious then there would have been some measurable brain activity. I don't believe in God or Hell or any of that, but there are too many similar stories for it to be ignored...
Also, I know many do not believe in ghosts...but being a witness to several things that simply had no other explanation I can tell you that something is going on that is not yet understood....our energy doesn't just dissipate.

All meaning is man-made. And in the larger picture it's just about handing over your genes to the next generation and becoming part of something we call evolution. Everything you hold in high esteem - your values, morality, character, faith, your individuality and so on - is just there to make it seem as if it had meaning.

I'll agree to that proposition, if you agree it's a meaningless string of letters.

Not religious and not athiest. I dont like beliefs and faith because I think that they are the eyelids of the minds. I have developed a spiritual worldview to explain and understand all that I have experienced. Something along the lines of 'seth speaks', belief in the 'bardo', reincarnation and the immortality of the soul. I believe we all write our own stories and create gods, heavens, hells etc. Ive had many experiences Ive tried to explain with 'logic' but am unable to. Sometimes you just know...

I don't think that that is what most people think of when they think of a "God". They are thinking of a literal consciousness that can directly intervene in day to day life.
It's what you think it is.
Prometheus Rising said:
"Whatever you say it is, it isn't, " Korzybski, the semanticist,repeated endlessly in his seminars, trying to make clear that
third-circuit semantic maps are not the territories they represent;
that we can always make maps of our maps, revisions of our
revisions, meta-selves of our selves.
"Neti, neti" (not that, not that), Hindu teachers traditionally
say when asked what "God" is or what "Reality" is.
Yogis, mathematicians and musicians seem more inclined to
develop meta-programming consciousness than most of humanity.
Korzybski even claimed that the use of mathematical scripts
is an aid to developing this circuit, for as soon as you think of
your mind as mind1, and the mind which contemplates that mind
as mind2 and the mind which contemplates mind2 contemplating
mind1 as mind3, you are well on your way to meta-programming
awareness. Alice in Wonderland is a masterful guide to the metaprogramming
circuit (written by one of the founders of mathematical
logic) and Aleister Crowley soberly urged its study upon
all students of yoga.
R. Buckminster Fuller

I'll agree to that proposition, if you agree it's a meaningless string of letters.

The greatest fear of the INFJ isn't it? Being devoid of meaning. But I didn't say there's no meaning. There is, but we make it ourselves.

There are some Theoretical physicists that believe the earth, universe and all of us are part of a highly advanced computer program/model in the future to solve some great riddle.

There are some Theoretical physicists that believe the earth, universe and all of us are part of a highly advanced computer program/model in the future to solve some great riddle.
on what basis?

His idea was that we are nothing but a giant highly advanced simulation sometime in the future and that each of us is nothing but and AI....as far as why this program is running he didn't elaborate much...just said it was probably to solve mysteries of consciousness...

His idea was that we are nothing but a giant highly advanced simulation sometime in the future and that each of us is nothing but and AI....as far as why this program is running he didn't elaborate much...just said it was probably to solve mysteries of consciousness...
the mystery of consciousness? infinity? how we got it? do you have a link?

the mystery of consciousness? infinity? how we got it? do you have a link?

No, but this guy also says that he has figured out that if he jumps off a cliff at a certain time and day that the "users" of the program will let him out...lol.

ROFL! I'm trying to be open-minded but that's just scary to me and ridiculous...maybe we are AI, maybe we aren't...I'm leaning more to the latter though because if we are AI, we'd have to programmed so complex and specifically in a way that the people who programmed us would already need to understand how we function to a degree where we are aware of our own individuality...basically, the people who programmed us would have to program us to be truly self-aware...which I think is impossible...unless we're not truly self-aware...Agh...possibilities keep entertaining my head, I'm just going to go with no stance on this one.

I myself am an agnostic atheist, I can't claim to know a god exists but I can't claim to know a god doesn't exist either.

However, I see the idea of a god being interchangeable with the word "source" as a possibility and one that is strongest to me right now.

Reactions: Kmal
If there is a God I really hope he isn't southern baptist or something....just send me to Hell now.

Reactions: Kmal
lol more power to him. for all we know, we create our own heaven and hell, or reincarnation, or whatever through our imagination.

through God.

:p

Guess we will find out someday....or not...just blackness and no consciousness...either way you can't do anything about it.
I honestly can say that death is the one thing I am not afraid of...I've seen a lot of people die working in a hospital and you can see a point though when the soul leaves....so I do believe in that.

Reactions: Sir
i tend to believe that as consciousness we just inhabit this body, and when our vessel dies, we will just be reborn into another body (remember karma). i also think the numbers of "earths" we can be reborn in is infinite, and as a matter of fact, tailored especially to us and our karma. so if we try to improve our world truly, we will be reborn into a better one with a chance to make it better, and if not, well, you know.
then again, i entertain the idea that this is the only earth and that i will make a difference here and be reborn here with my karma and we will continue to improve until, i guess forever.

I will be the only toddler repeatedly wandering purposefully into traffic or off a cliff if reincarnation is real.

what are you thinkin then [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] ?

That one life is enough....don't need to go through it over and over....