User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Male INFJ Female ENFP1609 days ago

  1. #1
    Newbie JudahPrayzeGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Threads
    1
    FEB
    27
    2010

    Smile Male INFJ Female ENFP

    I am a male INFJ, my wife an ENFP. We are Christians. We are compatible according to the charts. When our postitives click it is a good as perfect, but when our negatives clash it can be bad. Any one else in a marriage like ours? Any advice on making the marriage better?



    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Time Lord Barnabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,036
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gallifrey
    MBTI
    wibleywobley
    Enneagram
    timeywimey
    Threads
    263
    Blog Entries
    1
    FEB
    27
    2010
    Love one another, for love is of God, he who does not love does not know God.
    I believe That Jesus is the Christ, my Savior and Lord. That he died Crucified for the Sins of mankind, and rose on the third day and after speaking for a while with his disciples ascended to Heaven to sit a at the right hand of the Father and will some day Return for the Judgement of sinners and mercy of believers and for the fulfillment of his kingdom.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Variable Hybrid VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,825
    Location
    The Realm of Good
    MBTI
    INFJ+
    Enneagram
    Over 9000!
    Threads
    253
    FEB
    27
    2010
    Well, the science of personality type says that your minds are wired exactly opposite of one another. This provides an amazing amount of fascination, but can also provide a lot of frustration because people inherently expect others to think like themselves. INFJs and ENFPs think exactly inverted to one another, so you're going to have to learn how the other one thinks to avoid this frustration. Once you can do that, you'll be able to admire one another in these moments that are currently frustrating you.

    The best advice I can give you is to learn about your types, and how your minds are designed, and from there build on the respect and admiration you have for your differences because these things make you a perfect compliment, able to cover each others' weaknesses. And when it is all said and done, isn't this really what the partnership of marriage is all about?

    Here is a quick summary of what I am talking about.

    As an INFJ your first instinct is to look for the answer (Introverted Intuition, abbreviated Ni).
    As an ENFP her first instinct is to look for the possibilities (Extroverted Intuition, abbreviated Ne).

    As an INFJ your second instinct is to focus on how you feel things should be (Extroverted Feeling, abbreviated Fe).
    As an ENFP her second instinct is to focus on how she feels about it (Introverted Feeling, abbreviated Fi).

    As an INFJ your next instinct is to figure out how it works by examining the little picture (Introverted Thinking, abbreviated Ti).
    As an ENFP her next instinct is to understand how it relates by taking in the big picture (Extroverted Thinking, abbreviated Te).

    As an INFJ your last instinct is to focus on being in the moment (Extroverted Sensing, abbreviated Se).
    As an ENFP her last instinct is to focus on how things used to be (Introverted Sensing, abbreviated Si).

    I hope this helps. INFJs and ENFPs have amazing chemistry mentally, emotionally, and physically... especially once they can learn to admire each other for their different, but seemingly similar, approaches to life.
    Last edited by VH; 27-02-10 at 07:17 AM.
    The internet: like a training camp for never amounting to anything.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Banned futuresound7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    22
    Posts
    91
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Threads
    12
    FEB
    27
    2010
    I've been dating an ENFP girl for about a year now, it has been challenging but rewarding.
    When it works it's great and we have this almost psychic connection, we intuitively
    know what each other is thinking and feeling. But when conflict arises it can be infernal
    and the fights are epic.
    The relation brings awful lot of a conflict but there is also a positive contrast.
    We support each others weaknesses (IxxJ and ExxP) and also share the NF idealism.
    Our differences can be benefical when there is appreciation from both sides.

    INFJ = Ni Fe Ti Se
    - Ne is her external perceiving function, it replaces part of my fragile Se.
    It's easy for her to bring external stimulation, new contacts, the lightness
    and relaxation that IJ's often lack.
    - Fi is her internal decision making function, it supports my fickle Ti. Being with
    her has improved my subjective judging function which is not related to big picture.
    It has enabled me to have more clear sense of identity.

    ENFP = Ne Fi Te Si
    - Ni is my internal perceiving function, it replaces part of her sloppy Si. I'm much
    more grounded than she and with me she can safely drift around because
    after she gets bored I'm her safe haven and she has something stable to rely on.
    I bring the sense of continuity that EP's often lacks.
    - Fe is my external decision making function, it supports her unstable Te.
    her commitment with limits and rules can be pretty unsatisfacting, and I
    often have to encourage her to put her feelings aside and to do what is supposed
    to do to get things done.

    I'm not saying it will work with every INFJ ENFP coupling because there is bunch
    of other traits than MBTI which impact our personality.
    I'm sx/so/sp variant on enneagram, it sometimes makes me thrill-seeking
    wreckhead experience junkie which is adverse to INFJ stereotype. I'm also very
    ambiverted and J/P borderline case, this meshes well with qualities of ENFP.
    She gives me the most of the external input I need, but it could be too much for an
    extreme introvert to handle. The enneagram playes another part in this. She is 7 and I'm 9.
    According to enneagram 9 and 7 is very compatible pairing, I pretty much agree.

    Right now it's going on smoothly but it can be just a matter of time when things start to fall apart again.
    Our whole relationship has gone trough a rollercoaster several times.
    Last edited by futuresound7; 27-02-10 at 12:42 PM.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Variable Hybrid VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,825
    Location
    The Realm of Good
    MBTI
    INFJ+
    Enneagram
    Over 9000!
    Threads
    253
    FEB
    27
    2010
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I've been dating an ENFP girl for about a year now, it has been challenging but rewarding.
    When it works it's great and we have this almost psychic connection, we intuitively know what each other is thinking and feeling. But when conflict arises it is infernal and the fights are epic.
    I've also been dating an ENFP (on and off, and more like going on dates than 'dating' ) for about a year now. I couldn't have described my own experience better. Wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    The relation brings awful lot of a conflict but there is also a positive contrast. We support each others weaknesses (IxxJ and ExxP) and also share the NF idealism. Our differences can be benefical when there is appreciation from both sides.

    INFJ = Ni Fe Ti Se
    - Ne is her external perceiving function, it replaces part of my fragile Se.
    It's easy for her to bring external stimulation, new contacts, the lightness
    and relaxation that IJ's often lack.
    - Fi is her internal decision making function, it supports my fickle Ti. Being with her has improved my subjective judging function which is not related to big picture. It has enabled me to have more clear sense of identity.
    Perfect description of how we compliment each other as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    ENFP = Ne Fi Te Si
    - Ni is my internal perceiving function, it replaces part of her sloppy Si. I'm much
    more grounded than she and with me she can safely drift around because
    after she gets bored I'm her safe haven and she has something stable to rely on.
    I bring the sense of continuity that EP's often lacks.
    - Fe is my external decision making function, it supports her unstable Te.
    her commitment with limits and rules can be pretty unsatisfacting, and I
    often have to encourage her to put her feelings aside and to do what is supposed to do and to get things done.
    This last point about Fe is SPOT ON.

    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I'm not saying it will work with every INFJ ENFP coupling because there is bunch of other traits than MBTI which impact our personality.
    I'm sx/so/sp variant on enneagram and it sometimes makes me thrill-seeking wreckhead experience junkie which is adverse to INFJ stereotype. I'm also very ambiverted and J/P borderline case, this meshes well with qualities of ENFP. she gives me most of external input I need, but it could be too much for extreme introvert to handle. The enneagram playes another part in this. She is 7 and I'm 9. According to enneagram 9 and 7 is very compatible pairing, I pretty much agree.
    I'm such a borderline I/E that I have yet to decide if I'm an INFJ or ENFJ, and my J scores are so low that on rare moments I test slightly P. I'm also a 9, and I am not sure, but I think she's a 7. Those are the fun seekers, right? Odd. Really odd.

    I fully agree that it takes an INFJ with a strong extroverted streak to handle an ENFP. This is a great piece of advice to any INFJ male who is considering dating an ENFP female. If you don't have a strong extroverted side, you will develop one if you want to stay in the relationship. I think this is another example of how INFJ and ENFP can help balance each other by encouraging growth rather than discouraging strengths.

    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Right now it's going on smoothly but it can be just a matter of time when things start to fall apart again.
    Our whole relationship has gone trough a rollercoaster several times.
    Brother, I feel ya on this one. Again, this is the exact situation I'm in.

    She and I are on the bottom of one of our rollercoaster dips at the moment, but she called me the other night, and it looks like we'll be on the way up again. I guess I should fasten my seatbelt. With ENFPs, you never know what's coming next.
    Last edited by VH; 27-02-10 at 12:50 PM.
    The internet: like a training camp for never amounting to anything.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Community Member Eric86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    717
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    WI
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Threads
    12
    FEB
    27
    2010
    I could never be closely involved with one....too much energy and too all over the place. A little of that is good, and I like it (my gf is INFP, and how she expresses that is just adorable ), but ENFPs are WAY too much for me in that respect, and it's a real turn-off.
    Posted via Mobile Device

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    people vs the bad people? enfp can be shy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,539
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    -
    Threads
    37
    FEB
    27
    2010
    Some ENFPs in real life get even mistaken for IxTJs, so don't believe the stereotype.
    The best argument is the lack of need for it.
    Imagine all the people... were INFJs.
    Emotion is now considered integral to our over-all mental health. Scientists have found
    that our emotional brain overlays our thinking brain: The two exist forever intertwined.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Community Member BlinkandThink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    699
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Earth
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Threads
    17
    FEB
    27
    2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Hase View Post
    I'm also a 9, and I am not sure, but I think she's a 7. Those are the fun seekers, right? Odd. Really odd.

    I'm a 7, and I recently found out that several people I like very much are 9s!


    Fun seekers are odd? That's the stuff of life, man!
    [LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]"Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything." - Kurt Vonnegut[/SIZE][/FONT]



    [SIZE=2][B][FONT=Verdana] entp
    [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana] 7w6 sx/sp
    [/FONT][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2][B][FONT=Verdana]sluai / scuei[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][B] [FONT=Verdana] chaotic good[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][B] sanguine choleric[/B][/SIZE]
    [/LEFT]

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Variable Hybrid VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,825
    Location
    The Realm of Good
    MBTI
    INFJ+
    Enneagram
    Over 9000!
    Threads
    253
    FEB
    27
    2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BlinkandThink View Post
    Fun seekers are odd?
    No. I was saying that it was odd that I was also a borderline NFJ who is a 9 that is dating an ENFP who is a 7. The similarities between our situations are odd.

    7's are anything but odd. I think 7s are the most common type.
    The internet: like a training camp for never amounting to anything.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Banned futuresound7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    22
    Posts
    91
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Threads
    12
    MAR
    13
    2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Hase View Post
    I fully agree that it takes an INFJ with a strong extroverted streak to handle an ENFP. This is a great piece of advice to any INFJ male who is considering dating an ENFP female. If you don't have a strong extroverted side, you will develop one if you want to stay in the relationship. I think this is another example of how INFJ and ENFP can help balance each other by encouraging growth rather than discouraging strengths.
    I was so lost in the beginning of our relationship, but I have learned to handle her bursts
    and all the drama, altought it's still sometimes overwhelming. Relationship with her have
    been one tough way to self-development. I have the urge to prove that I can keep up with her.
    This has caused me to leave my comfort zone a lot and to develop my weaknesses.
    I have left my mark on her as well, she has calmed down and gained some control over herself.
    Last edited by futuresound7; 14-03-10 at 08:57 AM.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •