User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Which fictional character do you most identify with & Why?1974 days ago

  1. #41
    Donor Galileo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,347
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    The Challenger
    Threads
    50
    Blog Entries
    2
    FEB
    13
    2011
    Tiffany Aching, Terry Pratchett's discworld.

    I guess it's because I seem to always have what he calls 'second thoughts when I'm in situations. That, and the fact that I spend a good deal of my life helping people with silly little problems and I enjoy it.


    "Frankly, I wish that the fruits of my work useful and glorious appearing of the world that the fruits of my labor awaken the mind and unlock the feeling of those who are deprived of light.
    Ridiculous to say, outside the sky was nothing.
    There is not one world, one earth, one sun, but as many worlds as we see bright sparks on us. "
    Giordano Bruno

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #42
    Time Lord Barnabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,115
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gallifrey
    MBTI
    wibleywobley
    Enneagram
    timeywimey
    Threads
    263
    Blog Entries
    1
    FEB
    13
    2011
    Festie



    More the fool you, Madonna.
    I believe That Jesus is the Christ, my Savior and Lord. That he died Crucified for the Sins of mankind, and rose on the third day and after speaking for a while with his disciples ascended to Heaven to sit a at the right hand of the Father and will some day Return for the Judgement of sinners and mercy of believers and for the fulfillment of his kingdom.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #43
    Donor DefectiveCreative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    536
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Palace of Wisdom
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx
    Threads
    1
    FEB
    13
    2011
    'Ned the Pie-maker' from 'Pushing Daisies' (played by this gentleman here):



    It's easier to talk about what we don't have in common than what we do (amazing cooking skills and the ability to bring people back from the dead notwithstanding). Ned natters when he's feeling stressed, whereas I tend to clam up...and that's about it. Otherwise we're almost ridiculously similar (or at least, I like to think so), even down to the smile.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gu36INKaRQ"]YouTube - Pushing Daisies - World Hello Day[/ame]
    I R INFP! Hear me announce my presence in an understated and non-confrontational manner!

    http://infpverse.freeforums.org/ (if you're interested).

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #44
    Sushi Destroyer Tamagochi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    806
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lithuania
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Seek and destroy
    Threads
    15
    FEB
    13
    2011
    As you can observe in my avatar - Araragi from Bakemonogatari series. He's ENFJ in character, but close enough.

    Yet the character that I can identify most is a girl named Yoko from 12 Kingdoms Because she's the best example of all things infj I've seen in any media.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #45
    On Holiday not sure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,903
    Location
    Earth
    MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Threads
    30
    FEB
    13
    2011
    I feel left out. I can't think of a single fictional character with whom I identify. Fiction isn't written about women like me. I enjoy fiction nevertheless.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #46
    Newbie Clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North America
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1 - Reformer
    Threads
    1
    FEB
    14
    2011
    Leonard Hoffsteder from The Big Bang Theory.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #47
    Permanent Fixture Arsal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    949
    Location
    Jupiter
    MBTI
    -
    Enneagram
    -
    Threads
    22
    Blog Entries
    1
    FEB
    14
    2011
    Tom from (500) Days of Summer is me reincarnated.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #48
    Newbie Jabberwocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    48
    Location
    Crackerbox Palace
    MBTI
    INFJ/INTJ
    Enneagram
    Type 5
    Threads
    8
    MAR
    01
    2011
    Sherlock Holmes. It was a bit of an epiphany moment for me when I started reading the books, actually. I hadn't known other people acted like me (granted, he's fictional, but he is based on a real guy, so could be worse) until that point.

    We both get in "moods" where we won't talk for long periods of time, we both have an exaggerated sense of and desire to opperate within the realm of right and wrong, we both can't stand being bored, but it happens often (although I haven't shot up my walls... yet). I write a bit, mostly about topics I feel I can adequately voice an opinion on (he seems to have written an untold amount of essays on various topics). As far as reincarnations go, upon watching the BBC series I died laughing at the "eyeballs in the microwave" incident, because I've been telling my "Watson" for quite some time not to be surprised if, when/if we share an apartment, she comes home to find our microwave in various states of... disarray, due to my experimenting. Science and reason are extremely important to me. I'm also unnervingly good at acting when the need arises, ie manipulating people in some way or another.

    I could probably go on for quite some time, so I think I'll end it there.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #49
    Banned This's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,625
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    .
    MBTI
    .
    Enneagram
    .
    Threads
    148
    MAR
    02
    2011
    Constantine Levin from Tolestoy's Anna Karenina, for reasons I'd rather not get in to.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #50
    On Holiday not sure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,903
    Location
    Earth
    MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Threads
    30
    MAR
    02
    2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sali View Post
    Constantine Levin from Tolestoy's Anna Karenina, for reasons I'd rather not get in to.
    Oh come on. You're teasing.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #51
    Diana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,406
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    nowhere
    MBTI
    ....
    Enneagram
    ...
    Threads
    29
    MAR
    10
    2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienSpectator View Post
    I feel left out. I can't think of a single fictional character with whom I identify. Fiction isn't written about women like me. I enjoy fiction nevertheless.
    Who says the character you identify has to be a female? I identify with male characters in fiction all the time.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #52
    What do you mean, I can change my Usertitle solongotgon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,759
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Threads
    36
    Blog Entries
    60
    MAR
    10
    2011
    Jean Valjean from Les Miserables.

    Chow Moon Wang - from In the Mod for Love and 2046

    Lilu Dallas from the 5th Element
    "In times of universal deceit - telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" - George Orwell
    "The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment." - George Carlin


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #53
    On Holiday not sure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,903
    Location
    Earth
    MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Threads
    30
    MAR
    10
    2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    Who says the character you identify has to be a female? I identify with male characters in fiction all the time.
    I don't identify with the characters in books whether, they are male or female. Their feelings are usually too passionate or too cold. I feel like a spectator in life as if their is a barrier between me and it. I've never read a character like that probably because it would make a dull book. Sure authors initially describe people like that but they quickly abandon it to create an interesting story. There have been a line or two that made me think "Yes!" but just a line is not enough for me to say I identify with the character. I am quicker to identify with the events in books.

    Perhaps, the book with events most similar to my life is The True History of Paradise by Margaret Cezair-Thompson. I don't identify with the characters however. Their feelings about their circumstance are not mine. Their reactions are also designed to take them into the thick of things. It's not how I react. Anyway, it's a very good book and I would recommend it for anyone wanting a better understanding of my country.


    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/True-History-Paradise-Novel/dp/0525944907"]Amazon.com: The True History of Paradise: A Novel (9780525944904): Margaret Cezair-Thompson: Books[/ame]

    She gives a brief explanation of the novel.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypJADvMa24s"]YouTube - Margaret Cezair-Thompson - The True History of Paradise[/ame]
    Last edited by Edith; 26-07-11 at 12:15 PM.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #54
    A Leap of Faith Is Needed Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    North America
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Threads
    23
    MAR
    11
    2011
    @AlienSpectator Have you ever read L'Etranger (The Stranger) by Albert Camus? The main character is just that, a spectator (though he's also disconcertingly apathetic, which I doubt you are). And I did, personally, find the book to be very dull, so maybe you're right. :P

    EDIT: Wait, he'd probably fall under the category of "too cold"... NVM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Sherlock Holmes. It was a bit of an epiphany moment for me when I started reading the books, actually. I hadn't known other people acted like me (granted, he's fictional, but he is based on a real guy, so could be worse) until that point.
    I freaked out reading the books because it seemed to me like he was using a whole lot of Ni. But I still don't completely grasp the individual functions, so maybe I'm wrong. The way he described every seeming intuitive leap as having a logical reason, seemed like "conscious Ni" to me, which got me really excited. It's like, instead of having the answer immediately jump out at him with no idea how he reached it (which is how Ni usually operates, at least that's my understanding of it), he's able to consciously process all the clues that lead to the answer. Super Ni? Learned Ni? I don't know, but it's awesome!

    Would you say Sherlock Holmes is an INTJ?
    "Life is not invented for happiness, I do believe. It is made for something else."--Arthur (The Book of Merlyn)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #55
    Donor Matariki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,499
    Location
    N/A
    MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Threads
    107
    Blog Entries
    6
    MAR
    11
    2011
    Professor Calculus from Tintin. I can definitely relate with his quirks, his thinking, his personality as well as his favorite pastimes.

    Rip - NeverAmI



    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #56
    On Holiday not sure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,903
    Location
    Earth
    MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A
    Threads
    30
    MAR
    11
    2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    @AlienSpectator Have you ever read L'Etranger (The Stranger) by Albert Camus? The main character is just that, a spectator (though he's also disconcertingly apathetic, which I doubt you are). And I did, personally, find the book to be very dull, so maybe you're right. :P

    EDIT: Wait, he'd probably fall under the category of "too cold"... NVM.



    I freaked out reading the books because it seemed to me like he was using a whole lot of Ni. But I still don't completely grasp the individual functions, so maybe I'm wrong. The way he described every seeming intuitive leap as having a logical reason, seemed like "conscious Ni" to me, which got me really excited. It's like, instead of having the answer immediately jump out at him with no idea how he reached it (which is how Ni usually operates, at least that's my understanding of it), he's able to consciously process all the clues that lead to the answer. Super Ni? Learned Ni? I don't know, but it's awesome!

    Would you say Sherlock Holmes is an INTJ?
    Thanks for the recommendations. I will use them. I've never heard of L'Etranger. <guilty smile> Do you know I've never read any Sherlock Holmes? Oh the shame is unbearable.

    I don't think in a series of clearly defined logical steps at all so, I can't relate to Holmes' description. I make large logical leaps, not a sequential series of logical steps. The best I can say is that I just know. Logical steps only come in when I have to explain the concepts to someone else and I'm often surprised that they have to go from A=B, B=C, C=D when I just go from A to D. Sometimes, I have real difficulty breaking the concepts down simply for others. I think I make these leaps because all my life I have been actively storing knowledge and patterns in my mind so unless I meet a completely new problem, the problem is largely solved in my mind all ready. Friends have teased me about my obsession with the "laws" of life. They claim I'm on a quest to reduce all of life to a single formula.

    This video explains my thinking very well. I was particularly struck by what was said about the difficulty with creativity. That's a real problem for me. I cannot start from scratch. There has to be some system there all ready as he mentions. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OzjK-5dAY"]YouTube - INTP & INTJ Functions[/ame]

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #57
    and all the ways I got to know niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    6,735
    Location
    your pretty face
    MBTI
    Fe-Ni
    Enneagram
    and electric soul
    Threads
    155
    Blog Entries
    46
    MAY
    17
    2012
    Totoro
    "Never assume that your criteria of behaviour and judgement are universal." http://hoffifer.tumblr.com/

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •