MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    FEB

Global MBTI Type Distribution

Almost always, when referring to the percentage of the population that is one type (such as INFJ, usually considered to be around 1-2% I believe), these percentages are based on test results gathered in the United States. Is it safe to assume that the rest of the nations around the world have an equal or similar distribution of types?

For instance, would 1-2% of the population worldwide be accurate for INFJs (which would be between 68.5-138.8 million INFJs)?

"Where am I? Who am I? How did I come to be here?
    Who is it that has lured me into the world? Why was I not consulted?
    And if I am compelled to take part in it, where is the director? I want to see him."
    - Seren Kierkegaard

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    FEB
    Quote Originally Posted by hush View Post
    Almost always, when referring to the percentage of the population that is one type (such as INFJ, usually considered to be around 1-2% I believe), these percentages are based on test results gathered in the United States. Is it safe to assume that the rest of the nations around the world have an equal or similar distribution of types?

For instance, would 1-2% of the population worldwide be accurate for INFJs (which would be between 68.5-138.8 million INFJs)?
    naw cultural differences will skew shit a lot

MBTI
    _
    Enneagram
    _
    Threads
    FEB
    My opinion is that assumptions about distribution of types are rather misguided because the extremely flawed testing methodology skews results a lot. I don't think there's a reliable way to type people as of yet, the conventional self assessment tests by far stumble in the dark. Empirical tests being researched (look up Dario Nardi for example), are still in their infancy and even though they promise in principle they're still grasping for rules and foundations.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 3w2 1w9 sp/so
    Threads
    FEB
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint View Post
    My opinion is that assumptions about distribution of types are rather misguided because the extremely flawed testing methodology skews results a lot. I don't think there's a reliable way to type people as of yet, the conventional self assessment tests by far stumble in the dark. Empirical tests being researched (look up Dario Nardi for example), are still in their infancy and even though they promise in principle they're still grasping for rules and foundations.
    Pretty much this, yeah. I think that there are far more intuitives than statistics suggest. If it were possible to have each person study and understand the theory and accurately analyze themselves, then the percentages would likely look much different.